John,

Answers after quotes:

> This is JUST MY OPINION, but possibly the artist isn't very good at
> drawing hands.

Not even a consideration at this level of his profession.

> And the stamp image is squeezed horizontally. Try downloading both the
> photo & the stamp image and layering the stamp over the photo at 50%
> opacity. Scale the stamp image until the two faces are the same "size".

Didn't you follow ~any~ of the links I posted?  It's no wonder your side of
the discussion is out of synch, you repeatedly "raise" matters that I've
previously dealt with.  FYI I already did what you suggested, and put the
result up for the list to see.  Look back in the thread if you want the
link.  The difference in crop between the two pictures is insignificant for
the purpose of the stamp design, and wouldn't have justified a hand
transplant.

> You'll still have to stretch the stamp image horizontally to make the
> two faces match up.

No you wouldn't.  You're just guessing, aren't you?

Just a reminder, early in this discussion you dismissed totally even the
existence of a Bette Davis photo that resembled the stamp, claiming that the
stamp was an elaborate montage of individual elements.  You're not pissy ,
are you, that not only did I find the source image you claimed didn't exist,
and prove it with the overlay that you're only now suggesting I try, but I
did all that ~before~ your claim that there was no picture?  Are you?

Show me evidence if you make a claim, please.  Just like I've done.  It's
all in the thread.

>From now on, for the sake of the rest of the list's tolerance, I'd prefer to
discuss just evidence and examples that are pointed to.  Form an opinion
about that, but don't insult me by making up opinion out of the ether and
expecting me to swallow it.

Regards, Anthony

Occam's