> Now all you have to do it prove the United States Government, and ONLY
> the United States Government is responsible for retouching the 1950
> publicity still used on the dust jacket of an "autobiography" released 7
> years after her death.

Where did I claim that an agency of the U.S. govt, or the government itself,
had any part in the presentation of the "Bette Davis Speaks" image?  That
was between the publishers and Davis's management, and any alterations made
were for their purpose.

Funny thing is, I had invoked Occam's Razor in support of my proposition,
but edited the passage out in the name of brevity.  To me, Occam's Razor
dictates that the stamp artist would not have created a complex, ambiguous
and, smokingwise, incriminating fictional hand when he could have more
simply just obscured a cigarette.  Plus, the biography cover looks dodgy to
anybody with the experience to recognize the dodginess.

Regards, Anthony