From: Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
John Sessoms wrote:

> Occam's Razor sez the painter "moved" the hand so it'd fit on the stamp.

Occam's Razor be damned, the painter, like any other artist, has the right to paint however he or she sees fit, interpreting an original literally and exactly or not.

That's one of my points, i.e the artist is entitled to his vision.

My other point, to which I refer Occam's razor is that without evidence, it's unreasonable to claim some sinister government plot to sanitize history as the reason why he chose to paint it as he did.