From: AlunFoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2008/10/18 John Sessoms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

So what is the basis for claiming the government "sanitized" history? And
> who is being revisionist?

That's the second time you ask who's revisionist. What are you
actually trying to imply by that?

The government is not the only bad guy in town, either.

Indeed.

The SUBJECT is "Govt Agency doctors photograph to sanitize history"

It's established to my satisfaction that the photograph was NOT "doctored" BY A GOVT AGENCY. It appears to me the PHOTO was not "doctored" at all.

*Did the government revise ("sanitize") history?

No, I would say they did not ... or at least, no one has shown that they did so in this instance.

*Might they have done so at other times?

Arguably, and where they have, I do not support that action. But that's not what we have here.

*Is someone else "revising" history if they make a false accusation of government duplicity?

Yes, I would say someone making such a false accusation is as much guilty of revising history as they claim the government to be.

That's all I'm saying.

Somebody got all bent out of shape over something that didn't happen. Better to save your indignation for things that DO happen.