This actually comes from my getting out with my camera, and that's a Pentax, so it's not completely out of line I hope.

Went out on photo-safari this weekend, and arrived at the Blue Ridge Parkway up at Meadows of Dan around 4:30 in the afternoon, and headed south. At certain points the meandering of the parkway puts the sun very low on the horizon dead straight ahead and the glare is nearly blinding.

There are two problems - the windshield is 8 years old and I don't know if it's pitted or if those are little bubbles of sap or what. Anyway, the outside of the windshield is weathered.

The inside has the accumulated grunge from vaporized coolant from running the heater along with whatever other organic compounds are in your expiration when you're cooped up in there in the winter. One thing it hasn't had in the last 4 years (since I got it) is cigarette smoke. Could be some from whoever had the car before I did, but I didn't smell any when I bought it.

Has anyone found a way to clean the inside of the windshield that doesn't leave residue?

And has anyone found a reasonable method of cleaning the outside that might fill in and smooth out the weathering?

I'm not trying to get it clean enough to shoot through, just clean enough so I can safely drive to locations even when it's late in the afternoon and the location is to the west.

BTW, peak color is definitely passed for the Blue Ridge Parkway in southern Virginia. There was some color left south of Asheville, NC this morning, but even that's fading fast.