You can purchase windshield polishing compound at stores that sell body shop supplies. But as noted, it actually removes glass, and you need a buffing machine for it to be effective. My old Jag XJ-12 had windshield damage from blowing sand as the previous owner had lived out on Long Island. I tried buffing it by hand but couldn't remove the little pits. My Chevy had one tiny scratch from a windshield wiper. I was able to buff that out by hand. But you'll need a machine to do a whole windshield.
Paul