----- Original Message ----- From: "mike wilson"
Subject: Re: OT: cleaning the windshield so I can see the Blue Ridge Parkway

Thanks for that. I did manage to find the Maguires stuff on a UK website yesterday. There seems to be the opinion here that it will (with some effort) remove the fine scratches one (specifically, a _previous_ owner) can generate by using the wipers dry. Any idea if this is true, or does anyone know of any other treatment?

A friend of mine is a big fan of claybars for polishing the paintwork of his vehicles. I don't know any more about them than that, and that his cars pretty much glow in the dark they are so shiny.

William Robb