Paul Wilkinson explained he re-winded the film before removing the film out
of the camera, so it could be very well Pål is correct. I assumed printing
was done after rewinding the full film, but it would make more sense to do
it after the rewind of a partially exposed film and not wait. Although
personally I would have designed it during wind immediately after the shot,
it takes only one shot to remember in that case. Perhaps they didn't want to
slow the camera down to this and have a (further) negative impact on the
frames per second number, which seems important to some people.

I think one of the MZ-S owners need to do this: remove the film in a dark
bag at frame 35, rewind it outside the camera manually into the canister
before processing it. And then let us know what happened.

Frits Wüthrich