On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 01:39:38AM +0200, Tim Øsleby scripsit:
> I'm pretty sure it has an impact on AF.
>
> Yesterday was waiting for a White-throated Dipper. While waiting I
> played a bit with the AF at the stream. No way I could get the damn
> thing to lock except when trying at some rocks. After wards I did the
> upgrade.
>
> Today I sat by the same river, with same lens, at exactly same spot.
> The light was very similar. When retesting, it focused just as we
> should expect it to do. Every time I tried it focused, and it did
> pretty fast to. Impressive :-)

Yup.

Historical "point camera at flying gull in a bright sky" lock rate has
been about one in five.  Today's 20 gulls all locked.  Most of the
vulture and hawk attempts locked, too.

Focus confirmation with the 1.03 firmware is also much, much faster.

No idea what, if anything, it did to anti-shake, but the auto-focus
improvement is substantial.

-- Graydon