On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 09:17:42PM -0500, Bob Sullivan scripsit:
> Tim and Graydon,
> Are you guys using screw drive lenses of the newer SDM type?

Hi Bob --

Can't speak for Tim; I'm using screw drive or no-drive (M-42) lenses.
Don't believe I own an SDM lens.

The "focus confirmation/focus lock is faster" so far holds with the DA
55-300, Tamron SP 500/f8, Rokinon 800/f8, and the FA100 macro. (With,
admittedly, the limiter on.)

I have yet to check if it works better trying to get focus lock on my
stealth-black cat.

Don't see any way it could be driving the lens faster; it looks to be
purely a question of focus detection.

-- Graydon