Graydon wrote:

>I don't know what the release date is; I do know that unless the release
>date is 20 weeks or more from today, Pentax has a)already decided what
>the release date is and b)already started production.

That's about right, in my experience.

>IF the release date is in June, production is mostly done and someone,
>somewhere, is swearing and cursing and trying to finalize the firmware.

That's an "LOL" :) Very true. Release dates are *targets*, not
something carved in stone. The very concept of "firmware" has really
put a wrinkle in the manufacturing process: A manufacturer can have a
warehouse full of some product built and yet it still may not be ready
to ship!

I've heard "late June or early July" for availability.
It will be interesting to see if the camera coming to the mountain
next week has pre-production firmware.