On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 08:58:54AM +0200, AlunFoto scripsit:
> As Stenquist said, timing is everything.
> IMO the real question is when they launch the hype campaign vs. when
> they do the production run. They may decide the production volume by
> gauging the success of the hype campaign. Pentax Germany has
> advertised for alpha users to receive early copies in exchange for
> extensive forum activity. Sounds to me like an activity to create
> demand before supply.

These days, what they're trying to do is move as much of the actual
purchasing as possible as early in the price curve as they can.

They've made them; the hype is to find out if they need to make them
again, a little, but mostly to find out how much money they're going to
make from selling them.

-- Graydon