From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
steve harley
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:56 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT: Vinyl vs. Digital : One retailers sales data

On 2009-11-21 04:11 , J.C. O'Connell wrote:
> http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=topsellers&Top_Count=100
> &f
> ield_cat=5

interesting; this "very large and popular vinyl retailer" carries 27
vinyl releases in the hip hop/rap category, 14 in funk, then there's
electronica, with zero releases; R&B/soul is tops with 536; oh, and the
top-selling turntable at Acoustic Sounds only costs $2500; hmm,
obviously not a quality retailer ...

by comparison, Amazon carries 14752 vinyl rap & hip hop releases, 28781
for dance & DJ; and Amazon carries almost 30 times as many R&B vinyl
releases as Acoustic Sounds

i don't doubt that the "thick vinyl" crowd is growing rapidly, but i
don't think its safe to draw further conclusions from the few hard facts

you and i can find

follow the directions.