On Nov 17, 2009, at 7:44 PM, Peter Loveday wrote:

> But a well mastered SACD/DVDA is pretty damn impressive.  Just a shame
> there's not more stuff being released on them, though its still probably more
> than the amount of new stuff released on vinyl :(

Yeah there's a real shortage of good SACD material and most of the stuff out
there just isn't my thing.  I have a few remasters and one modern SACD
recording.  If I heard any difference between the CD and SACD layers I'd
probably put it down to the mastering processes rather than the format.  I only
bought them because I can.

The unfortunate thing about SACD and DVDA is that they hit the market right
about when the whole plastic-disc format began its decline, and having two
formats competing against each other doesn't help with adoption (as we also saw
with HD-DVD vs BluRay).

Cheers,
Dave