On 2009-11-20 10:59 , J.C. O'Connell wrote:
NO, but I read many music and hi-fi periodicals
and see all the vendors catalogs too, its not a market
of dance tracks or new title SACDs, it a big reissue market of specially
pressed discs, mostly 180gram vinyl.

i think it's probably a split market, you're seeing the audiophile side of it and i'm seeing the DJ/pop side

though i can find numbers for overall vinyl sales (increasing rapidly, but still a miniscule proportion), and tons of commentary, no one seems to have the numbers by type of release or genre; even Nielsen Soundscan is going to miss a lot of the dance tracks because it doesn't cover all sales; Nielsen, for what it's worth, shows six out of ten top vinyl sellers last year were new releases:

<http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/news/neilson-soundscan-2008-sales-f/>

but that's not a good way to summarize the market

note that i don't buy any type of newly-issued vinyl -- i only buy old scratchy stuff -- more fun and "vinyl charm", less fuss

Regarding "proof" to back up my contentions, where?s
the "proof" for yours concerning nre release SACD or dance tracks
outselling legacy vinyl reissues????

i didn't ask for proof, just anything to support what you were stating as fact; unlike you, i don't have a contention here -- i stated my _impression_; and i haven't said anything about SACD at all in this thread

meanwhile:

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/nov/20/linn-audio-streaming-cd-players>