From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
David Mann
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:22 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT: Vinyl vs. Digital

On Nov 17, 2009, at 7:44 PM, Peter Loveday wrote:

> But a well mastered SACD/DVDA is pretty damn impressive.  Just a shame

> there's not more stuff being released on them, though its still
> probably more than the amount of new stuff released on vinyl :(

Yeah there's a real shortage of good SACD material and most of the stuff
out there just isn't my thing.  I have a few remasters and one modern
SACD recording.  If I heard any difference between the CD and SACD
layers I'd probably put it down to the mastering processes rather than
the format.  I only bought them because I can.

The unfortunate thing about SACD and DVDA is that they hit the market
right about when the whole plastic-disc format began its decline, and
having two formats competing against each other doesn't help with
adoption (as we also saw with HD-DVD vs BluRay).

Cheers,
Dave

follow the directions.