Rob Studdert wrote:

On 21/01/2010, Ken Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

Do you have any idea how much effort & time is required to even see a wolf
in the wild ? I do.
If that was an honest 'in the wild' shot it would be fantastic. To be there
when not only a wolf appeared, but leaped over an obsticle and you were set
up to capture it would truly be a lifetime event - IMO.

I'm with Frank on this one, I have no idea how difficult it is to
shoot a wolf but I do know that it's not a great standalone image
regardless.

I'm firmly in the Rob and Frank camp here - In a competition or show how difficult it was for the photographer to get a shot should not be a consideration in judging the quality of the image... The photo should transcend that. We can all, as photographers, go "wow" on difficult captures, but if the photo itself isn't interesting aesthetically it shouldn't win a prize.

And I don't care for the jumping wolf photo at all some others were so much more lovely to look at .

meanwhile -- where is the runner-ups photo?
ann