> Do you have any idea how much effort & time is required to
> even see a wolf
> in the wild ? I do.
> If that was an honest 'in the wild' shot it would be
> fantastic. To be there
> when not only a wolf appeared, but leaped over an obsticle
> and you were set
> up to capture it would truly be a lifetime event - IMO.

The story the photographer gave, as I recall from when I first saw the
photo, is that this was routine behaviour of the wolf which he had witnessed
many times. Accordingly he set up specially for it. He didn't just happen to
be walking by with all his gear and suddenly see a wolf jump over the fence.
This is no different to the way other wildlife photographers work, such as
Eric Hosking with his owls.

Bob