On 1/31/2010 7:14 PM, paul stenquist wrote:
On Jan 31, 2010, at 6:29 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:

I understand where B&H is coming from.  However now I don't know if I can take any contract
they make seriously.  Right now for example Staples.com has the HP B8550 printer on sale for
half price.  Before if B&H had the same deal I would have had no hesitation to buy the same
item from them, now I can't afford to believe them.  I don't think B&H is dishonest
exactly, but if they made a mistake, I don't know what I'd get, maybe I'll get half a printer,
(OK that's being silly), but really I don't know how they'd handle it. Maybe they'd send me a
different printer selling for the amount I authorized, (which depending on what they sent might
amount to half a printer), since they seem to be able to change contracts at whim.  Sure the
disclaimer is they'll take it back at no cost to me, but what a pain in the ass that would be.
I guess I'll still buy from B&H iif their price isn't too much lower than the competition.

Nonsense. B&H's record speaks for itself.
Paul

Yes it does, they made a "contract", and when they discovered their mistake they reneged, because they could.

Once again; if I see a deal on B&H[s web site, that looks too good to be true, how will I know if it's legitimate or a mistake?

How will I know if they will honor it?

If it;s a mistake, and they decide not to honor it, will they simply ship me something /like/ what I ordered and leave it to me to complain and ship it back, rather than notifying me of the situation and give me a choice?

I only have one data point, for when things don't go smoothly. It doesn't inspire confidence.