On 2/2/2010 1:23 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:
Boris,

We have spoken by phone and your English is good, but not as clear as
your written words.

This is what I suspected. Well, my understanding is that to correct that I will have to spend considerable time (more than a single vacation, for example) among English speaking people.

I suspected the situation was as you described - Dilbert vs the
Product Manager/Marketer.
Tom C. had good advice.  Don't say anything more than twice.
Don't use the word 'suggest' more than twice, find something else.
This poses particular problems when two languages are involved.
There is always the problem of mis-understanding by either party.

Regards,  Bob S.

It is also a matter of willing to go that extra mile from both parties - me trying to be as clear as possible and them being aware that they are not talking to one of their (linguistic) peers.

Boris