That's not really surprising if you understand how camo works.  It's
not really designed to hide you, it's designed to break up your
pattern while you are moving so it's harder to determine your shape.
You see a moving form, but not a distinct outline.  It's similar to
how the stripes on a zebra work with tall grass when they are running
as a herd.  The stripes and grass combine to make it very difficult
for lions to tell where one zebra ends and another one starts.

--
Aloha Photographer Photoblog
http://alohaphotog.blogspot.com/