Bob W wrote:
Not quite, under the law they have three repair attempts per any single defect before they have to take anything back. amazon are doing this of their own volition, leveraging above market standard service to generate more volume at above market prices. their service reputation is a large part of their business model imvho.

I buy the vast majority of my non-consumables and non-eBay-steals from amazon because they never give me any trouble whatsoever if something fails -my Panasonic DMC-TZ5 did a while ago and they even suggested I should send it to them for full refund and a chance to buy a better camera with that money instead of having it repaired and returned by Panasonic. Even compared to amazon Marketplace I always end up paying slightly more. They don't compete down to the last penny. But it is money well spent every time their service goes that extra mile.

This is the first time I've ever had to return anything to Amazon. I started
buying from them before they had a .co.uk, and shortly after they started in
the US, so that's a lot of things I've bought from them. Since hearing about
my forthcoming redundancy I did a forensic examination of my spending and
I'm quite horrified at how much money I've pushed through Amazon. When they
were first trading they used to send me little gifts from time to time as a
thankyou!

Bob

The longer I buy from (spend money with) Amazon, the more impressed at their overall attitude toward their customers...

I have no compunction whatsoever toward placing my money with Amazon, no matter WHAT it is... I have never been disappointed, in any aspect.

keith whaley