I'm with you on this.

The difference I have would be mainly this.

If the product was defective and should have held up under said
conditions, then I believe as a consumer it's fair to receive a brand
new replacement camera immediately as opposed to sending it in
for a warranty repair (the result of which is often getting someone else's
item that was sent in for repair).

I first learned that with HP scanners several years back.  Sent it in
for repair under warranty and discovered I'd received a refurbished
model in return.  Reading the warranty fine print, strictly legal, but
not what one would expect.

Tom