On 2010-05-21 12:33 , Tom C wrote:
 I read it as an
accident occurred and the camera should not have stopped working.

sure, if you really think the camera was faulty for not withstanding the spill, but frankly, that's unreasonable and sounds like an excuse to make the return seem okay

i sometimes push my camera in misty/rainy situations, but i know that i take responsibility for the consequences; so far so good -- my k200d is "weather sealed", but the 16-45 is *not* (nor is the G11)

Apple has apparently had so many people dunk their iPhones, dry them out, and attempt to return them as "it doesn't work" that they've put moisture sensors inside and will deny claims when they've been triggered