On 23/05/2010, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how this is very different from a situation where I buy a
> camera, use it for two weeks and then decide I don't like it, or
> discover a model I like better.  If that happened I would bring the
> camera back to the store, tell them I didn't like it and get a full
> refund. The store would be left holding a camera that they can no
> longer sell as new and will take a hit as they'll likely resell it as
> a used/opened item at a discount. In fact that scenario is actually
> worse for the retailer.  In the first scenario, retailer gets a full
> credit from vendor or mfr.  In the second, they absorb the cost.

I've never understood that type of policy, generally here it's your
responsibility to decide before purchase if the item will suite your
needs, it can only be returned if faulty after purchase, never just
because you don't like it. You just couldn't run a business here with
such open return policies and survive.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours