On Jun 10, 2010, at 21:36 , Ken Waller wrote:

Is it with just one lens or on several? If just one lens then its obviously a lens issue.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Sullivan" <rf.sulli...@gmail.com >
Subject: Dust spots ;-( Give me some help!

Hello team,
I need your collective wisdom on a K-7 problem.
I noticed a spot (dust?) on my pictures at Grandfather Mtn..
I had the camera tech clean the sensor at GFM.

On the way thru the Smokies, I shot some landscapes and IT'S BACK!
(still there?)
I've got a spot just below 1/2 way down and a bit to the left.
I cannot see anything on the sensor's surface.
Furthermore, the spot disappears when I open the lens to f2.8 or f4.0. ----------->>>>>>>>>>> Spot happens with multiple lenses at f16 or f22.
It's a small spot, but I don't understand the mechanics.
Is my sensor broken?

Here's a sample from Cades Cove with the DA60-250/4.
Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right.
You can see a black spot just below the ridge line.
http://picasaweb.google.com/rf.sullivan/NewK7Samples#5481359232070699890

Regards,  Bob S.

--
It's not that life is too short, it's that you're dead for so long......
— Anon

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac