It almost certainly isn't under the filter.  It's simple dust on you sensor.

Get a Rocket Blower or something similar (DO NOT use canned air) and
blow off the sensor.  Do that 2 or 3 times, and if it doesn't go away,
I use a sensor pen.  If that doesn't get rid of it, then move to wet
cleaning using swabs and fluid.  Don't be surprised if you have to
repeat a couple times.

The biggest thing is not to panic about it.  You can always clone out
the spot if needed until you can clean the sensor.  You will only see
it when you have the lens stopped down, and it is in an area of even
tonality without a lot a detail (sky, snow, light colored walls, etc).

--
Aloha Photographer Photoblog
http://alohaphotog.blogspot.com/