Thanks to all who read my problem and offered advice.
I did some wet cleaning but never got the spot to disappear.
I still don't understand how is is there at f22 but gone at f2.8,
but I've sent it to Pentax service in Arizona.
We'll see how they respond.

The rush service option for a fee is gone.
Stated repair times are 15 to 20 working days.
My fear is they will return it without fixing it.
I sent them a FA50mm f1.4 just so they can test.
Now we wait and see.

Regards,  Bob S.