On 11/06/2010, Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot see anything on the sensor's surface.
> Furthermore, the spot disappears when I open the lens to f2.8 or f4.0.
> Spot happens with multiple lenses at f16 or f22.
> It's a small spot, but I don't understand the mechanics.
> Is my sensor broken?

Hi Bob,

What you're describing sounds to me like a classic case of
contaminants on the surface of the sensor assembly. Stopping down will
make the problem more visible, this is what the dust detect
effectively does, have you tried that function yet? It's often almost
impossible to see dust specs with the naked eye but if the problem
persists then I'd assume it's still there. Hopefully it's on the top
surface not sandwiched between the filter assembly in front of the
actual sensor, in the later case I'd get the camera replaced, only a
thorough clean and testing will tell.

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)