Hi Bob,

It's almost certainly not beneath the filter - if it's right against
the sensor then changing the aperture doesn't make it disappear (it's
the distance between the dust and sensor and the lower angle of the
light that makes the dust disappear as you open the lens aperture).

Depending on what the tech did at GFM it could be a stubborn bit of
dust or a faulty filter (I had one, it manifested as a fine spray of
dust and was visible only above f11 - fixed under warranty by CR
Kennedy Australia).  A check by Pentax would be my suggestion.

The dust find function only closes the lens to f16 for the test and
ignores anything below a certain size (not sure what it is).  It's
useful as a check if you are mainly shooting portraits and other
images with fairly wide open aperture, but if you close down the
aperture a lot then using the highest aperture on your sharpest lens
and examining the image is the best way to find dust.

Hope this helps

Leon