Shel, wouldn't it suffice to crop a central portion of the scan
showing some nice detail at post these at 1:1, that would make it less
than 1MB ? All the photo-review-test servers are doing it this way.

2) Why the bigger seems mushy - are you sure you are looking at it at
1:1 - 100% magnification?

Frantisek

Sunday, February 03, 2002, 4:33:40 PM, Shel wrote:
SB> I'll let you know.  I'm pretty sure that I'll upload the 1000ppi scan in
SB> its entirety either as a TIF or PSD file.  I'm not sure I want to fiddle
SB> with loading a 22mb file for the 4000ppi scan ... but maybe, if I don't
SB> have to hang around the computer, although 22megs may exceed the size of
SB> my free web space <g>.

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek