On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Sid Barras wrote:

> I suppose this is going over my  head when we begin to talk about jpeg
> compression, but is my file size is 74k when closed, and stored on the
> server, does  it suddenly take up more space on the server when it is open?

The important size is the size of the file on the disk.  Sometimes the
editing program (photoshop or paintshop pro) will show an uncompressed
size, which really has no relation to the compressed size on disk.

> And one last puzzlement, why isn't the code for the page written so that
> the thumbnails will show  in both netscape and explorer?

It works fine under Konqueror (a linux browser).  There appear to be
spaces as the first character of the thumbnail filenames, which would seem
to be a mistake of some sort.

dave
--
dave o'brien - http://www.diaspoir.net