On 9/27/2010 4:22 PM, Charles Robinson wrote:
Like William Robb said, the K7 is a natural direction to go.
Much-improved AF is one of the benefits compared to the K10D.  It is
also a little bit smaller and much quicker to respond (hard to
describe, but you feel it when you use it).

Control interface (two wheels, top LCD, some dedicated buttons) is
similar although not identical to the K10D so it wouldn't take much
adjusting for her to get used to it.  And with the K5 coming up, it's
possible that a good deal can be had on either a new or lightly-used
K7.

-Charles

Charles, K7 is the camera I am shooting with. The problem that in Israel it still costs about the same money that I paid for it when it came out brand new. It is approximately USD 1300 and it is not likely to drop any time soon. I cannot share my camera with her, that's why I went up from K10D to K-7 in the first place.

But I am not entirely certain that we should confine ourselves to the Pentax system.

Boris