Conversions are expensive.  Since the sensor sees in the IR, I think
all they do is remove the filter that blocks some of the IR.  Try a
filter like the Hoya 72 which blocks out the other light.  The
advantage of the conversion is that more IR gets to the sensor.  Youc
an see

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/infrared/slr.html

--
Steve Desjardins