With memory cards as cheap as they are, I don't shoot in anything but RAW. I
never need a string of closely-timed images, so RAW is normal for me. Unless it
is overcast, I won't even think about shooting at midday. I know, it's sort of
a lazy attitude, but dawn and dusk are so much better for landscapes.

Jeffery