On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Steven Desjardins <drd1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The funny thing would be if they
> didn't correct there would no evidence of it in this data but rather
> in inconsistent exposure results between lenses.

I guess I should have prefaced my comments as coming from one who
really likes to use old legacy glass on my K-x (and before that
K200D). Frankly, I'm not a DA buyer, so their current offerings are
irrelevant to me. I'm interested in m42 Takumars and SMC K-mounts, and
(to a far lesser degree) F and FA lenses designed for full-frame 35mm.
And if you hang around in those circles that is EXACTLY what you hear
about from some people. I've just never paid attention to the CAMERA
BODIES that the complainers were using before.

I'd really love to hear the Pentax Position on these issues. I think
that most users would rather have the camera cheat the ISO in favor of
proper exposure with a given lens, rather than force the photographer
to keep track of the myriad exposure characteristics of each lens
(which would change depending on the aperture you were using them
with).

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska

--
Nothing is sure, except Death and Pentaxes.