My take on this is the following:

There's no wonder that cameras do indeed change the exact values of
exposure parameters. This is nothing new.
Oe will display 1/30 at f/2.8 (AV mode) when really the camera decided
to use 1/27 but for clarity purposes, displays 1/30.
I have no problem with that.

The problem I have is when the manufacturer decides to ALWAYS use a
number instead of another.
If you use two cameras with same sensor and same 3rd party lens and
you get (for 2 fixed parameters) a third parameter completely
different, it sucks.
With reviews as they are done now (good or bad) the fact that some
cameras (yes, Nikon being one of them but Pentax might be as well)
display (always) Iso6400 but use Iso5000 is nothing but a lie.
Of course the review favors the Nikon because High Isos are better. Uh...
Strangely the accuracy of displayed values are almost NEVER tested.

Same goes for max shutter speed. The rule was (I dunno how it is in
digital age, really) that the the max shutter speed has the interest
to garantee the the second one is indeed accurate.
Even 10-15 years ago, Penatx cameras has a 1/100 flash sync which was
accurate. Most competing Canikon cameras has a 1/125 sync but they all
were in fact 1/100.

Those are bold lies and should be presented as such.

Thibs.