On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM, P N Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2010, at 6:08 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:
>
>> On 6 November 2010 09:05, P N Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> It's assumptions based on hardware, and it's obviously not the result of
>>> testing.
>>
>> I guess we'll just have to watch how many top end cinematographers
>> embrace the K5 like they have the Canons.
>
> I doubt any will, and I would guess that the Canon is better. I was merely
> pointing out that drawing conclusions without comparing any actual results
> is assumptive.
> Paul

And here your missing the point. I was explaining the differences
which justified the price difference between the 7D and the K-5 in
response to Thibouille. Those are hardware and implementation
differences, not assumptions (aside from AF performance, which is
based on extensive experience with a multitude of systems and cameras,
including the 7D).

As to actual capability, I'd personally take the K-5 any day as I
expect it will have significantly superior image quality than the 7D
(which is a superb camera hobbled by a mediocre at best sensor and
processing chain).

-Adam