On 11/7/2010 3:14 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
You can with a $10 adapter, as long as the lens has an aperture ring.
During my brief foray into the land of Canon digital I mostly shot
with a Nikkor 20/2.8 on my 10D. In fact adapted lenses on Canon are
slightly more functional than pre-A  K mount lenses on Pentax (you get
Av mode and TTL flash with adapted lenses on Canon).

I stand corrected.

The 7D in fact can use K mount lenses without Cottyration of said
lenses, any EF-S body can (as long as an aperture ring is present).
And adapted lenses are preferred for video due to the inability of the
camera to override your aperture selection.

I actually know a few people who actively shoot professionally with
_only_ adapted or converted lenses on Canon bodies.

I know that EF-S body takes most K mount lenses via adapter. Not so are the 24x36 Canon bodies, as my understanding that mirror may hit the aperture actuation lever of the lens...

Boris