I used that method to create this B&W image from my last years contirbution to the annual. It's a new B&W rendering as I couldn't find the earlier example I created, and is probably a bit less dramatic. I chose to use the Yellow filter to keep the tones as close to the color original as possible while still maintaining tonal separation. Any loss of detail can be attributed to the fact that I did the conversion from the PESO and not the original file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1604247/PESO/surfclubmadisonctb%26w_yellow.jpg

and the original for those who care.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20surfclubmadisonct.html