I bought a Fuji X100 yesterday. After struggling with the onboard software
for a while I decided to read the manual and get it set up to suit the way I
want to use it.

Here are the first pictures, taken around Greenwich earlier today:
<http://www.web-options.com/X100/>

Hard to judge it properly yet. I think it's going to work well for my
purposes, which is to take pictures at lunch time in the area where I work.
It was a pleasure to use today in the market, but it has its quirks. First
off, the dials are too easy to change by accident, so most of these were
shot at 1/500 on auto aperture, rather than both on auto. That has meant I
had to recover most of the exposures in Lightroom.

The optical viewfinder, which is why I bought this rather than some other
camera, is essentially just a framing device - you can't use if for manual
focusing, so you have to be aware of where the focus point is. In some of
the pictures it's clear that I wasn't thinking of that when I pressed the
shutter.

But it's early days and I think I'll emjoy using it. It's unobtrusive, easy
to shoot one-handed (you can see your humble servant using it this way in a
reflection in one of the pictures), responsive and quick.

It can't really be compared to a Leica M, despite the reviews, but perhaps
Leica should be thinking about a digital CL along these lines, and about
returning the M10 to the same size as the M3 - the X100 suggests that it can
be done.