Regards the size, that depends somewhat upon compatibility
requirements for the interchangeable M-bayonet lens mount and the
focal plane shutter. The X100 is a leaf shutter camera with a smaller
sensor than an M9, and a lens custom-designed to fit it. It can
certainly be thinner than a camera designed to be compatible with all
M-bayonet lenses and a focal plane shutter. And still have an LCD for
image review and menu operation.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com