On Jun 2, 2011, at 20:50, Brian Walters wrote:

> Well that was one of the things I was trying to get my head around.  I
> have CS3 and if I understand things correctly, if you batch process in
> Photoshop you end up with a second set of images (tiff or jpg) whereas
> in Lightroom you just get image adjustments embedded in the DNG or as a
> sidecar. Of course, it's entirely possible that I don't understand
> things correctly....

The changes are actually embedded into the LightRoom database.  You can choose
to have changes put into "sidecar" files or into the DNG files but you can also
have the original files be completely left alone (like, when you point to a
read-only copy of your RAW file which is on a DVD-ROM or something... you can
still make the changes because you're just storing - in LR's database - a list
of instructions for "what to do to this RAW file to make it come out like this
when printed/uploaded/whatever")

> Probably I should download the trial version of Lightroom and
> investigate further.

Takes some getting used to, but... damn.  It's cool once you get some of the
basics under your belt.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com