On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 01:07:21PM -0400, Christine Nielsen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How about we PUSH you off the ledge?
> > 4 of 'em at Amazon Warehouse deals for $1013
> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0043M6F14/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&qid=1316449588&sr=1-1&condition=all
> > : )
>

> This is what started me down this road in the first place!  It looks
> like the price on the k-5 has come down a bit this month.  I think
> there's an instate rebate out there, brings it down to $1,199... Too
> good to pass up, right?

I jumped into the pool a couple of months ago (at $1230 for the body).

I'm in the camp that believes Pentax may well never release a DSLR that
significantly out-performs the K-5.  In any case, it adressed all of the
minor complaints that kept me from buying a K-7.  I now have a single
body that incorporates the best performance in all categories; previously
I had to go back to film bodies for fastest shutter speed (PZ-1p, 1/8000)
and frame rate (MX with Motor Drive, 5fps).  And the AF is much improved,
not to mention the low-light performance,