I would love to step up to a K-5 but frankly, i have a long way to go
to even learn to fully exploit all that the K-x gives me.

That being said, if I were starting from Square One and comparing
today, I would still end up with the K-5 being the most
bang-for-the-buck camera out there. There are so many directions you
can go: "High End" with the excellent Pentax Limited lenses, "Old
School" with manual focus and m42 (Takumar) and getting Image
Stabilization with anything you put on it. Those two things and high
ISO perfomance are the biggest things in my book.

I think we've reached sort of a "plateau" stage with DSLRs where the
performance increases from this point on will be much more
incremental. It's a great time to buy a top end DSLR like the K-5 as I
think it will be quite a while before you feel at a disadvantage
because of any perceived camera body limitations.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska