William Robb wrote:

I played with a Q for a while yesterday.
It's really little, but it didn't draw me in the way I hoped it would.
I think because it's too small, and the lens is too big.
I like viewfinders, and I'd like the Q a lot more if it had one.
I'd even settle for an EVF, as much as I loath them.
Other than that, it seems like a nice little camera.

I played with a V1 and a J1 today, at the Nikon 1 premiere in Italy.
Nice camera, not so smooth to mount and unmount the lens (yes, it features the usual Nikon anti-everybody rotation), sign of not so refined machining (body and lens made in China). Proper size, in my opinion, not so different from my GF1. Nice to have the viewfinder, AF is quick and all the announced bells & whistles are there. Not that I am so interested in them.

Small sensor? Yes, but 2.7x (Nikon 1) is not 5.5x (Pentax Q).

IQ? Don't know. Odd I had no SD card with me.

Dario