> She is writing a lot about the Q's image quality. Have she tried it? If not,
> I don't think she is much to rely on.
>
> A few comments I saw about the Nikon:
> "I handled the J1 today, and did a review for Adorama of the Q. To be honest
> Steve, the Q is light years ahead in usability, and feels as solid as a brick
> thanks to it?s construction. The J1 felt literally like a plastic toy in my
> hand and gave me zero confidence in handling it"
> http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/09/21/nikon-enters-the-game-with-the-new-mirrorless-j1-and-v1-cameras/
>

> Stig Vidar Hovland

No doubt she hasn't, but one can infer to some degree from the specs.
Really, just about any modern digital camera on the market has
*acceptable* image quality within a certain set of parameters. My
Canon S90 and G10 which have small sensors have excellent image
quality for the shooting circumstances and purposes for which I use
them. Compared to my NEX-5 their limitations easily become evident.
I'm sure the Q will also produce excellent images within a defined set
of parameters.

The issue to now was how an $800 camera with such a small sensor would
fair against similar 4/3 and APS-C offerings that have similar or even
lower price points. The answer will no doubt be that it's a nice
camera, but not alot of bang for the buck (at $800) compared to some
of the competition.

Tom C.