> Note that I said N's entry "validated _a_ market", but I didn't say it
> was a market of which I was a part.  I suspect the validated market may
> be largely made up of young Japanese women. Pentax recently tested those
> waters with the candy coloured, Hello Kittied K-r/K-x's. Market
> researchers must have given a big thumbs up.
>
> I too am not going to be buying a Q or a V1. I'd be more likely to buy a
> 645D.
>
> -bmw

OK, I understand. :-)

What I don't understand is the apparent assumption that a person in
the market for this type of diminutive sensor size camera (implies
image quality is not at the top of their priority list) would actually
care that it has interchangeable lenses (implies image quality IS a
high priority).

Could it be this is a way of attracting current P&S owners to upgrade
into the more lucrative mirrorless and DSLR markets, by offering a
move up that is close in size to a P&S (at least with a standard
wide-angle lens)?

Tom