On 06/02/2012 05:40, P. J. Alling wrote:
On 1/29/2012 3:13 AM, Bob W wrote:
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
John Francis
[...]
But relying on auto exposure metering under tricky lighting conditions
is a pretty poor strategy. That's why your camera has a spot metering
mode, and an exposure compensation setting - so you can take control of
the situation yourself. Or you can go the whole hog, and use an
incident
light meter.
Well said! Every photographer should have a whole hog in his arsenal.

Unfortunately my whole hog won't fit in my bag...

You really should get with it and buy one of these modern, far-eastern miniaturised hogs. Whilst they don't have the durability and sheer visible presence of a home-grown one, they do a pretty neat job and you can slip one into your bag with ease. Better to have a hog when you need one than not - get a black one and everyone will still think you are a pro.

--
No fixed Adobe