on 2012-08-21 9:39 Walt Gilbert wrote
I've thought about trying my hand at stitching in the past. I may well give it
a whirl at some point on this trip. Is there any particular pano stitching
software you recommend?

i've used Hugin & Photoshop; Hugin gives you a lot of control, and is free, but has a fairly cryptic interface; i wouldn't say i've fully learned it, but after a few stabs i find it can "fix" my fairly warped handheld panoramas

<http://hugin.sourceforge.net>

Photoshop makes it "easy", but i haven't used it a lot